Monday, May 5, 2014

Courage to explore this new land

I was walking around a shopping Mall today without my host. So vastly similar to any Mall in Metro US. People buying stuff, stuff to be bought. Consumerism at its best.

I found some yummy lemonade. Ahh the simple pleasures of Life.

Most people that I have seen thus far, have a level of affluence about them. Clothing, cars... it can easily be said that I have not *yet* seen much diversity of economic realities. Other than the street corner hawkers, and people asking for help.

I am grateful to be in a country where English is spoken, it is an easier transition. I remember when I was in France the language differences is a deeper strain for cultural adaptation. Even if there are a few words which are new, and I get to learn :) Translations are always fun...*huh* what does THAT mean?

Rahasya threatened me if South Africa was not chaotic enough for me, I would have to go to India...Goddess...I have heard of that cultural divergence. Extremes.

I am grateful to step out into the people, and start the process of welcoming that place inside of me which is being birthed here.
A different knowing of myself.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment