Tuesday, April 1, 2014

watching a movie of Nelson Mandela's life today, of the history of South Africa.

When I was growing up, I remember the conversation of Apartheid.

I recall some information being shared, but nothing like the reality of South Africa.

We watched "The Power of One" in my English class. I remember being deeply touched by the movie.

What touched me about Mandela: the long walk to peace, was the pain and violence which was a reality.

How has the people moved past the pain, and made a different Life for themselves?

Do they forget?
Do they pretend it never happened?
Do they embrace their past, and do their best to live a new way into the Future?
What shall the energy body of the land hold?

What shall I feel resonating within my own awareness there? Such a different field.

Here in the West we have the Indian genocide. We have pain of different kinds, but the winners made the rules. The History books were scrubbed clean of the past transgressions. Change happens, yes, and yet what quality of that which has been subsumed?

How can I learn from the people and land of South Africa in my own story around pain?


What will the wisdom and Heart of this new land teach me about me?

About community, about pride in ourselves, about moving through adversity....

I look forward to hearing the Song of the Soul of Africa.

the Journey will unfold.

Love and Blessings to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment