"Shame is the intensely painful feeling or experience of believing that we are flawed and therefore unworthy of love and belonging." Brene Brown
As a teacher and workshop facilitator there is some expectation that I "have my own shit together". Some people sell themselves, and the image of themselves as "role models". The Professional persona may or may not match the human being underneath.
People tend to desire to put others on pedestals. It helps with the inspiration to become...so it is.
I here, however am naked.
And today, I get to own my Shame. I own my own story of this life.
Shame lives in the unspoken. Those cracks of no one cares, and poor me. The dark alleys which we beat ourselves up, and "have to do it all alone." Righteous Independence.
Today I am looking at the shame I have around my sexuality.
I am ashamed of myself as a sexual being.
I am ashamed of my emotions.
I am called to be as the surfer. To ride the waves. To acknowledge myself.
To own my experience. One moment at a time.
I WELCOME HER.
Thank you. I am sorry. I love you. Please forgive me.
on with the Journey.
Namaste.
No comments:
Post a Comment